I’m completing Gerrod’s challenge on a rather jetlagged brain. I don’t think it’s too bad either What do you think?
Came back to London last week
Enough for great weather to peak
To drink some fine grain
And get on a plane
For limerick in order to speak
I promise I’ll get around to writing up about my time there, though expect the technical stuff to appear on my work related blog.
I’ve been tagged by the 8 things about me meme thanks to Gerrod. The rules start something like this:
- Each player must post these rules to begin the meme.
- Each player starts with eight random facts or habits about themselves.
- People who get tagged must blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Not one for rules (and because this meme’s been going around for a while) not to mention that most people haven’t been following the last one, consider yourself tagged if you’re reading this and blog about it if you want to participate.
- My hair grows ridiculously long ridiculously quickly. This meant either very shaggy hair, or a haircut every two or three weeks. I always get comments about how quickly my hair grows out. I took nature’s hint and just let it grow.
- I had a shaved head in grade twelve. Of course, back to point 1, it was all fine by school formal later that year.
- I’m pretty disinterested when it comes to watching most movies, but I’ll always happily watch any horror or thriller movies when the opportunity presents itself.
- When I read a book, I generally don’t finish it all because it doesn’t interest me, or I have to read through it as fast as I can.
- I always carry a pen and paper with me (where it’s practical) everywhere I go, in the form of a Moleskine journal, or more recently the leather Ciak one that Suz and Al got me last year for Christmas. You never know when you will have a great idea and want to write it down.
- I went to my first memorable concert during my first year at work. Amber from uni invited me to see Endorphin at The Zoo in the Valley and since then, I’ve been addicted to seeing live acts where I can.
- I never thought I’d last more than two years in the same job for the same company. I’ve now been working for Thoughtworks for over three and a half.
- Despite considering myself a foodie, I don’t consider myself one of those foodie snobs. I think some people feel pressured to take me somewhere nice or cook over the top food, but I’m just as happy with what you might consider fairly ordinary food.
A cool little 1.5 minute game where you’re randomly assigned a partner to try to match keywords for a give series of images. I think it’s a nice attempt to improve their image labelling and search facility. Why not give it a go.
Google Image Labeler