After getting back from Barcelona and Stiges for our annual trip, we ate at some pretty great places which I wanted to record for future purposes.
- Montiel (C/ Flassaders 19, Born, 08003 Barcelona) – A great recommendation from Ajit that is tucked away in a small alley in the Born district of Barcelona. When we ate their, they focused on two different tasting menus, one focused on using traditional Spanish ingredients in a more modern way, and the other using higly seasonal ingredients prepared with traditional Spanish cooking techniques. Simple atmosphere, great service and good value even with the wine pairing.
- Carpe Diem Lounge Club (CDLC) (Passeig Marítim de la Barceloneta, 32, 08003 Barcelona) – Fancy atmosphere alongside Barcelona beach that attracts bankers, tourists and a number of other locals. Expensive prices, food is okay and ambience is okay depending on the weather. You can book private lounge beds inside, but we ate outside. I’d prefer other places before going back here, but for some that want to be seen, this might be a place to go.
- Jaime Beriestain Cafe/Restaurant (Carrer de Pau Claris, 167, 08037 Barcelona) – Wonderful atmosphere in a design store with well executed food. Not particularly cheap but the food merges in a good combination of Spanish ingredients and modern cooking techniques. Friendly service and definitely more stylish clientele.
- Nem (Carrer Illa de Cuba, 9, 08870, Sitges) – A tapas bar with asian-fusion tapas that is both extremely affordable where we ate at the second year in a row. Table booking in advance or go really early (19:00 or 19:30 by Spanish standards) to sit at the bar.
- Beach House Sitges (Paseo Ribera 33, 08870 Sitges) – A popular esplanade-facing restaurant with a mixed menu of Asian/western creations and you often end up sharing tables with your neighbours. Lively but maybe a bit too popular for the hassle.
- 33 Sitges (Carrer Major, 33, 08870 Sitges) – An Asian inspired menu in a beautifully decorated restaurant and friendly service.
- Restaurante El Superpollo (Carrer de Sant Josep, 8, 08870 Sitges) – The Nando’s equivalent in Sitges, this cheap and cheerful take away or sit-down restaurant does spit-roasted chickens and sides efficiently and delivers with flavour.