Although I recently ran a personal retrospective, I also like looking back at the past year using different models to recognise progress and celebrate events.
Here’s how 2015 went for me in numbers:
- Blog articles written: 22
- Published (non-blog) articles: 5 (The “lead” of a tech lead, The “tech” of a tech lead, Finding harmony in the tech lead role, 5 Tips for Being an Effective Tech Lead, and Why expert developers make the worst tech leads.
- Books read: 5
- Number of conferences attended: 5 (OOP Conference, Agile on the Beach, DevTalks Bucharest, GoTo London, XConf Manchester & Hamburg)
- Keynotes given: 2
- Total talks held: 17
- Different clients: 3
- Interviews given: 4 (FogCreek, Johannes Thönes, InfoQ, Leanpub and Managing Smartly)
- Tech Lead courses given: 5
- Countries visited: 9 (Germany, France, Italy, USA, Australia, Hong Kong, South Africa, Romania, Spain)