The Retrospective Facilitators’ Gathering is the only conference I planend on attending in 2014. Like many conferences, I end up with many books to read, and thought it’d be worth sharing the list I accumulated here:
- The Mindful Coach: Seven Roles for Facilitating Leader Development
– A book about different stances a coach might take on
- The Satir Model: Family Therapy and Beyond
– A book that discuses the tools and methods of Virginia Satir. Satir’s work has influenced a wide range of people including Gerry Weinberg, whose books I have read.
- What Did You Say? The Art of Giving and Receiving Feedback
– A book on the art of giving/receiving feedback
- Coping With Chaos: Seven Simple Tools
– A book that talks about the work from Glenda Eoyang and Human Systems Dynamics.
- Supercooperators: Beyond the Survival of the Fittest: Why Cooperation, Not Competition, is the Key to Life
– A mathematical explanation about why cooperation is necessary for improvement and evolution
- Managing Software Debt: Building for Inevitable Change
– A book about Technical Debt