The way you choose to communicate with your team on a daily basis carries more than just the message you’re trying to say:
- Finding time to talk to someone one-on-one that suits both of you tells them that you respect them.
- Talking to someone in front of a crowd tells them that you trust them (note the difference of talking down to them).
- Talking to them over the phone, or emailing them when you cannot physically talk to them shows that you care.
- Emailing someone directly when you’re close enough to talk to them tells them that they’re not important to you.
- CC’ing someone when you’re close enough to talk them tells them that they’re really not important to you.