One of the searches that stumbled across my blog was the “Agile Coaching Reading List”. Running the same query returned a huge mish mash of lots of different things so I thought I’d put together my list of essential reads. Of course, simply reading the books won’t mean that you’re an expert (and I suggest working with another coach to develop that) though it’ll definitely help in providing context, advice or skills that you need to practice.
Methodologies and principles
- Extreme Programming Explained by Kent Beck.
- Agile Project Management with SCRUM by Ken Schwaber.
- Lean Software Development by Mary Poppendieck and Tom Poppendieck
- Slack by Tom De Marco.
- Collaboration Explained by Jean Tabaka
- Agile Retrospectives: Making Good Teams Great by Esther Derby and Diana Larsen.
Requirements and planning
- Refactoring by Martin Fowler
- Test Driven Development: By Example by Kent Beck.
- Pair Programming Illuminated by Laurie Williams.
You can easily add all of these books to Amazon from this list here.
Would you recommend anything else? What did I miss? Please leave a comment if you do. I’ll also post the other books I still think are worth reading that didn’t quite make the cut and why.